Thank you to all who submitted nominations for the
2020 Preservation Achievement Awards.
Winners announced by March 31, 2020
Preservation Achievement Awards held June 3, 2020
Each year the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia presents the Preservation Achievement Awards to a select group of individuals, organizations and businesses for projects from throughout the region which exemplify outstanding achievement in the field of historic preservation.
The awards honor projects involving the preservation or protection of historic resources including the restoration, rehabilitation and/or adaptive reuse of historic properties; sympathetic new additions to historic buildings; or education, documentation and advocacy work on behalf of preservation of our heritage.
Nomination Procedures & Key Dates
Please read all guidelines and eligibility information before starting your application.
- The deadline for nominations is February 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Award recipients will be notified no later than March 31, 2020.
- The Grand Jury and Special Recognition Awards will be presented at the annual Preservation Achievement Awards on June 3, 2020 in Philadelphia.
Please Note: Award recipients are required to be present at the ceremony.
- A complete nomination form must be submitted using the online system.
- Projects and activities must have been completed within the past three years of submission deadline.
- Projects are to be located within the following counties:
PA: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia
NJ: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, and Mercer
DE: New Castle
Nominations are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The quality and degree of difficulty of the work or the outcome(s) of the activity.
- The need and/or goals that were met or exceeded.
- How the undertaking increased awareness of historic preservation.
- Impact on neighborhood revitalization, including economic impact.
- Benefit realized by the community and visitors, including children and adults as well.
Nominations that were submitted previously, but not selected to receive an award may be updated and resubmitted as long as they had been completed within the three-year requirement.
Complete the appropriate nomination form below. Submission information is included on each form.
About the Preservation Achievement Awards
Grand Jury Awards celebrate the highest level of achievement in historic preservation for:
- Preserving/protecting historic resources in the built environment
- Historic building restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive re-use
- Sympathetic new construction or additions associated with historic properties
- Education or advocacy efforts related to historic preservation
- Documentation of significant historic resources in the built environment
- Winners are selected by a jury of preservation professionals.
Special Recognition Awards are presented to individuals and organizations whose extraordinary accomplishments in preservation contribute to the region’s unique character and sense of place. The Preservation Alliance Board of Directors determines the winners. The Awards are:
- James Biddle Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Public Service Award for Preservation in the Public Interest
- Board of Directors Award for Contribution to Historic Preservation
- Rhoda and Permar Richards Award for Service to the Preservation Alliance
- John Andrew Gallery Community Action Award for Achievement by Community Organizations
- Preservation Education Award
- Special Anniversary Award